In The Buddha’s Search for Freedom He Too Turned His Mindfulness To Overcome His Fears




In the Buddha’s search for freedom he too turned his mindfulness
to overcome his fears

"How would it be if in the dark of the month, with no moon, I were
to enter the most strange and frightening places, near tombs and
in the thick of the forest, that I might come to understand fear and
terror. And doing so, a wild animal would approach or the wind
rustle the leaves and I would think, Perhaps the fear and terror
now comes.And being resolved to dispel the hold of that fear and terror, I remained in whatever posture it arose, sitting or standing, walking or lying down. I did not change until I had faced that fear and terror in that very posture, until I was free of its hold upon me…And having this thought, I did so. By facing the fear and terror I became free."

Absolutely beautiful